I’ve had some great challenges and unexpected roundabouts this year. So many shattering events in fact that it caused me on many occasions to question my deepest desire to be a full-time, self-employed, income-producing writer of fiction. With tears in my eyes, on my cheeks, soaking my clothes, I wondered if I should:
1) continue to pursue my dream or
2) release the dream.
Every time I faced that decision, the battle between fear and courage, ego and God raged, and at the end of the fight, God and courage always won out. Not because I am such a mighty saint (trust me when I tell you that God is still making me presentable), but because there was something deep inside me that recoiled at the thought of giving up. So after my crying jig and after coming to yet the same decision, I would hop right back on the dream-train and chug-a-lug a few more feet down the tracks. And lo and behold, at the next stop, I was always rewarded with a sign or confirmation from God that I was on the right track, that I was travelling closer and closer to my dream.
So as we approach the Thanksgiving season, I thought it the appropriate time to “count my blessings one by one.” I am sharing them with you because they don’t belong to me alone. They are yours too…if you choose to claim them. No pressure.
Thanksgiving Blessings – One by One
1. Thank you God for sticking close to me even when I don’t feel your presence;
2. Thank you God for steadying me when I feel off-kilter;
3. Thank you God for breaking through my ego so you may impart wisdom and direction;
4. Thank you God for keeping my spiritual and physical eyes, ears and mind open to messages and signs from you;
5. Thank you God for purpose and the pursuit of it;
6. Thank you God for giving me the courage to act even in fear;
7. Thank you God for keeping me on the right track;
8. Thank you God for my cheerleaders on the sidelines (father, mothers, siblings, cousins, friends, associates, bosses, aunts, uncles, etc.) who also serve as earthly angels;
9. Thank you God for allowing me to relax, knowing you have all in your control;
10. Thank you God for the creative ways you give encouragement, hope, love and so much more.