I don’t know about you but for me summer and reading go together like salt and pepper, bacon and eggs, animals and Dr. Seuss–you get the picture. So I thought I would share some of the books I’ve downloaded to my Kindle and/or purchased so I can enjoy a well-stocked supply of reading material for the beach and travel, which I’m planning a lot of this summer.
The books are not listed in any order, but I encourage you to check them out. I’ve interacted with some of these authors and know their writing and storytelling ability to be “spot on.” For other authors on the list, I’m planning to finish the series/trilogy or read the latest by some of my favorite writers. Feel free to monitor my Goodreads and Amazon accounts for my review of some of the books; the reviews may help you plan your own summer reading. If you already have a summer reading list, I’d love to acquire a copy of it. I always make time for a good read!*
Happy Summer & Happy Reading!
1. Missi’s Dating Adventures by Carol Balawyder
2. No Conditions by Dr. ViVi Monroe Congress
3. Voices from the Block: A Legacy of African-American Literature by various authors (anthology)
4. Dark Justice by Donnie Light
5. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
6. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
7. A Dangerous Kiss by Francis Ray
8. Hell’s Corner by David Baldacci
9. The Haunted House Symphony by Sue Latham
10. Reserved for a referral*